This week, we;ll look at the prophecies of Isaiah and the words of Jesus as we see just how undeserving we are of the gift of Jesus.
Isaiah 7:14; 53:3–6; Luke 19:10
- Have you ever gotten lost?
- What happened?
What do you think it means to be spiritually lost?
How is being spiritually lost like a little kid getting lost at the mall?
How does God find and save us from being spiritually lost?
- Spiritually speaking, which of these kids do you most relate to, and why?
- the kid who knows they're lost
- the kid who's lost but doesn't know it
- or the kid who's lost but doesn't care?
- Have you ever felt spiritually hungry?
- Tell us about it.
Read Isaiah 53:6. In what ways have you personally gone astray?
- How have you tried to satisfy your spiritual hunger pangs?
- Did it work?
What's one way you're going to approach this Christmas season differently as a result of our conversation tonight?
What's one thing you can do today to respond to God's undeserved gift of Jesus?