This week, we’ll learn how to pray Scripture back to God in prayer as we discover the value of praying with God’s own words.
Romans 11:33–36; 1 John 5:14
How familiar do you think you are with the Bible?
What keeps you from spending more time reading or studying the Bible?
When is the last time you found it difficult to pray? What happened?
What are some of the reasons you often find it difficult to pray?
- In which of those three areas do you think you need the most help?
- Understanding God
- Remembering God’s promises
- Resisting temptation
- Can you name one of God's promises?
- What's a scenario wherein you might want to be reminded of that promise?
Read 1 John 5:14. How do you think this relates to praying with God's own words?
How did you feel about—or what did you learn from—the experience of praying with God's own words?
- By show of hands, do you think you'll try praying this way on your own?
- Why or why not?
What questions do you still have about prayer? [Remember that this question is meant to promote solidarity rather than allow us to provide answers. Feel free to follow up with individual students after the discussion if necessary.]
This week, what's one goal you're going to set for yourself when it comes to prayer?