We're kicking things off by talking about the friendship Jesus offered to the Samaritan woman at the well.
John 4:1–29; Ephesians 5:1–2; Hebrews 4:13
Where do you feel most comfortable being yourself?
What's something weird, awkward, or uncool that you do when you're really being yourself?
- Who is someone you can be real with?
- Why do you feel comfortable being real with them?
- Let's make a list of qualities that make a friendship real and talk about each one.
- How does Jesus embody these qualities?
- How well do you think you embody these qualities?
- Has a friend ever told you they were doing "fine" when you knew they weren't?
- What can we do to let our friends know it's okay to be real with us?
Do you ever hide parts of your story from others? If you do, what's keeping you from sharing?
- Read Hebrews 4:13. What's one thing you can do this week to…
- be more real with God?
- be more real in your friendships?
- help others feel safe enough to be real with you?