This week, we’ll be reminded of how generously God has shown us love, and then we’ll be encouraged to demonstrate that kind of love to our families.
Romans 12:10; 1 Corinthians 13:4–8; 1 John 4:19–20
What are a few things that you "love"?
Is feeling love for your family the same as treating your family with love? Why or why not?
How well do your family members treat each other with love?
- Look again at 1 Corinthians 13:4–8. Which of these qualities is the easiest for you to show your family members?
- Which is the most difficult?
- Talk about a time when a family member put a smile on your face. How did it feel?
- Talk about a time when you prioritized your own happiness over the happiness of a family member. How did that feel?
- Read Romans 12:10. What will it look like for you to try to "outdo" your family members with love and honor?
- How do you think your family members will respond?
This week, what's one step you're going to take toward loving your family better?